how to write jiu(come near) in chinese
radicals尢Stroke count12
eanglish meaningcome near; move towards; go to; take up; with regard to; concerning; on; in respect of; at once; right away; as early as; already; even if
Handwriting
Basic explanations
v.
1. 避繁就简
take the simple, less complicated way;
2. 就着路灯下棋
play chess by the light of a street lamp;
3. 大家就拢来烤火取暖。
They all moved towards the fire to get warm.
v.
1. 就席
take one's seat; be seated at the table;
2. 就学
go to school;
3. 各就各位!
{军} Man your posts! {体} On your marks!
v.
1. 功成业就
(of a person's career) be crowned with success;
2. 一蹴而就
accomplish in one move;
3. 这个鼎是青铜铸就的。
This tripod is made of bronze.
v.
1. 就便
at sb.'s convenience;
2. 你就手儿把我的信件也带来吧。
Please get my mail as well while you're at it.
3. 我反正有空,就你的时间吧。
Make it anytime that suits you; I'm always free.
4. 只好就这块料子做了。
We'll have to make do with the little material we've got.
v.
1. 花生仁就酒
have peanuts to go with liquor
prep.
1. 就目前情况看来
in the light of present situation;
2. 就我所知
so far as I know;
3. 大家就学习问题谈了自己的看法。
We all said something about our studies.
4. 就内容来说, 这是一本好书。
This is a good book so far as its content is concerned.
5. 双方就共同关心的问题进行了会谈。
The two sides held talks on questions of common interest.
adv.
1. 他就来。
He will come right away.
2. 一会儿就得。
It'll be ready in a minute.
adv.
1. 大风早晨就停了。
The wind has already subsided in the morning.
2. 人类很早以前就知道了武器的用处。
Man early learned the usefulness of weapons.
3. 她早在1942年就成了电影名星了。
She became a film star as early as 1942.
adv.
1. 说干就干。
Let's start working at once.; Act without delay.
2. 他一毕业就结婚了。
He got married as soon as he graduated.
adv.
1. 明天要是下雨,我们就不去了。
If it rains tomorrow, we won't go.
2. 只要虚心,就会进步。
Provided you are modest, you'll surely make progress.
adv.
1. 光这一项开支就节约5万元。
So far as the expenses are concerned, we saved as much as 50,000 yuan.
adv.
1. 丢了就丢了吧, 以后小心点。
If it's lost, it's lost. Just be more careful from now on.
adv.
1. 我本来就不懂法语。
I never said I knew any French.
2. 我就料到他会等我们的。
I knew he'd be waiting for us.
adv.
1. 就等你一个人了。
You are the only one we are waiting for.
2. 就他一个人知道这事的内情。
He alone knows the inside story.
3. 我就想问一个问题。
I have just one question.
adv.
1. 他就不肯歇一歇。
He simply refused to take a rest.
2. 我就不信学不会。
I simply wouldn't believe that I couldn't learn it well.
adv.
1. 我要的就是这一个。
What I want is exactly this one.
2. 邮局就在前边。
Just go straight forward and you'll find the post office.
连
1. 你就不说, 我也会知道。
Even if you won't tell me, I'll know anyway.
2. 你就送来,我也不要。
Even if you bring it to me, I won't take it.