Home

how to write you((indicating the repetition or continuation of an action) again) in chinese

pinyinyòu
radicalsStroke count2
eanglish meaning(indicating the repetition or continuation of an action) again; repeatedly; continually; (indicating the coexistence of more than one situation or property) both...and...; too; and; re-

  Stroke order of the Chinese character "又" (you)

Handwriting

Try writing this character 又 online

Basic explanations

adv. (表示重复或继续):

1.  读了
read again and again;

2.  一年一年
year after year;

3.  到了7月我们该放暑假了。
We'll start another summer vacation when July comes.

4.  和他吵架了?
Did you make a scene with him again?

5.  他叫了叫, 但没有人来帮忙。
He called and called but no one came to his assistance.

6.  她没懂, 我说了一遍。
She didn't understand and so I said it again.

7.  他纵身跳进了激流, 救起了一个一个孩子。
He plunged into the swift current and rescued one child after another.

8.  我想了想, 一直想个没完。
I think and think and cannot cease from thinking.

adv. (表示几种情况或性质同时存在):

1.  便宜
cheap but good;

2.  经过一个夏天, 连最差的牛羊在这里也长得壮了。
After a summer here the poorest sheep and cattle grow strong and fat.

3.  空气潮, 我看是要下雨了。
It's damp and cold, I think it's going to rain.

4.  路近车快,一会儿就到了。
It was not far off, and the car drove very fast, so it didn't take us much time to get there.

5.  他家既无房子无地。
His family owned neither land nor house.

6.  他似乎是气愤不安。
He seemed both angry and disturbed.

7.  五四运动是反对帝国主义的运动,是反对封建主义的运动。
The May 4th Movement was at once anti-imperialist and anti-feudal.

adv. (表示意思上更进一层):

1.  天很黑,下着雨, 路更难走了。
On top of it being dark, it rained, which made the going even tougher.

adv. (表示 在某个范围之外有所补充):

1.  除了拖拉机, 我们添了一台插秧机。
In addition to the tractor, we have acquired a new rice transplanter.

2.  大夫摸了摸我的脉,瞧了瞧我的嗓子。
The doctor felt my pulse and looked down my throat.

adv. (表示整数之外再加零数):

1.  二分之一
one and a half

adv. (表示有矛盾的两件事情):

1.  想去,不想去, 拿不定主意。
She couldn't make up her mind whether to go or not.

adv. (表示转折, 有“可是”的意思):

1.  他想说话忍住了。
He was about to speak. Again he checked himself.

2.  我想去,怕没时间。
I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I can find the time.

adv. (用在否定句或反问句里, 加强语气):

1.  不是外人, 何必客气。
I'm not a stranger here, why all these ceremonies

2.  这活儿不重我一个人顶得下来。
That's not a hard job. I'm sure I can manage it myself.

Words with the chinese character you(又)